Paul is an experienced litigator and trial lawyer. Paul focuses his practice on complex business and commercial litigation. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration proceedings. While representing plaintiffs, Paul has played an integral role in multiple jury trials resulting in verdicts of over $10 million.
Vermont Law School, J.D. (2007)
Auburn University, B.A. (2004) cum laude
Georgia Court of Appeals
Georgia Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Vermont Law School, South Royalton, Vermont
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Auburn University
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- Honors: Exchange Program
- Oakhurst Neighborhood Association, Volunteer
- The Journey School, Volunteer
- Cochran & Edwards, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2010 to 2019
- Counsel on Call, Attorney/Project Manager, 2008 to 2010
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Cobb County Bar Association, Member, 2010 to Present
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2010 to 2019
- Georgia Trial Lawyer's Association, Member, 2010 to 2019
- St. Thomas More Society, Member, 2017 to Present
- Douglas County Bar Association, Member, 2018 to 2019
Current Employment Position
- Business & Commercial Litigation 100%
- Georgia, 2007
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Texas, 2016
- $12,750,000.00 jury verdict for majority shareholder fraud, including $10,000,000.00 in punitive damages.
- $12,500,000.00 jury verdict for defective product.
- $894,833.13 judgment for fraudulent charity scheme.
- $630,564.00 judgment for discovery abuses.
- $1,248,518.52 judgment against developer for breach of loan agreement with lender.
- Successfully litigated for the application of the business judgment rule in action by the FDIC against a former bank officer and director.
- Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. v. Johns, 351 Ga. App. 186, 830 S.E.2d 549 (2019), Ga. App., A19A0108
- Bird v. USAA, 317 Ga. App. 280, 729 S.E.2d 522 (2012), Ga. App.
- F.D.I.C. v. Show, 769 F.3d 1306 (11th Cir. 2014), 11th Cir.
- I.A. Group Ltd. Co. v. RMNANDCO, Inc., 346 Ga. App. 396, 816 S.E.2d 359 (2018), Ga. App.
- Kaku v. Alphatec Spine, Inc., 2017 WL 1173938 (M.D. Ga. March 28, 2017), M.D. Ga., 7:15-CV-9 (HL)